You don't belong here...

I am not like most people. Probably I'm not like you. I have a compulsion, a need, a desire. I have done horrible things. And I'll do them again.

Friday, September 18, 2009

New Developments

The past few weeks have been simply weird. Even in my world.

Nina was a special case. She had been seen with me and we were coworkers, and I needed to do something to keep suspicion off of me. It had to look like something other than murder. ANYTHING other than murder.

So I went with a car crash. It wasn't easy setting everything up. But where there's a will, there's a way. The next night I put her inside her car and drove to a particularly treacherous section of highway. I had to give it some thought as to how to shoot the car off the edge of the road. I couldn't just put it in neutral and roll it down an embankment. The police are too sophisticated for shit like that. They'd wonder why she had the car in neutral, and how she suffered such extensive blunt force trauma when the car was rolling so slowly. No, whatever I did had to be real.

And I would have to take one for the team, this time.

I propped poor Nina in the driver's seat of her Mazda 3. Sitting in the passenger seat, I was just barely able to steer and hit the gas at the same time. Anytime other than three in the morning, and anyone observing us would have thought I was playing twister in the front seat. I aimed the car more or less at the edge of the road and floored it. Right before we popped the curb I opened the passenger side door and threw myself out.

The Mazda 3 jumped the curb with no problem, then sailed over the edge and down the hill into a small revine that had eaten up more than its shares of wrecks in its life. It was far from the Grand Canyon, but it had a number of sturdy trees at the bottom, and when the car hit them it was moving pretty fast. The front of the car crumpled and stopped with a rending of metal and fiberglass. Nina, as full of inertia as the car but far lighter, didn't stop, and exploded through the windshield and into the thicket of trees. It made quite a mess.

All this I had to piece together from the police report, because after I hit the pavement I rolled about twenty feet and passed out. No matter what you see on television, jumping from a moving vehicle hurts!

I ended up with a broken leg, a bruised rib, and a lot less skin down my right side.

But everyone says it could have been much worse. Look at poor Nina...